Use this huge pumpkin cookie as a colorful Halloween party centerpiece. Then break or cut into pieces and serve for dessert. This Great Pumpkin Cookie recipe makes a 12-inch cookieÂ large enough for 12 servings. It’s yummy and it’s a real treat! Make many for a partyÂ cookie decorating competition. Everyone’s a winner when they get to bring their cookies home…if they aren’t devoured first!
What you need:
- 1 recipe Butter Cookie dough
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors
- Pastry bag and medium writing tip
- 12-inch pizza pan
- optional decorating supplies
What to do:
- Follow the Holiday Butter Cookie Recipe, step 1 – then…
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12-inch pizza pan with foil. Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; peel off foil.
- Color 1/2 of frosting orange. Frost cookie. Color remaining frosting as desired. Using pastry bag fitted with medium writing tip, pipe Jack-o’-Lantern face on cookie.
Makes 1 large cookie
(about 12 servings)