Use this basic holiday butter cookie recipe to all your Thanksgiving, Hanukkah,Â Christmas, or other holiday cookie baking.Â For Halloween fun,Â makeÂ the The Great Pumpkin Cookie recipe for a Halloween partyÂ centerpiece or party activity. This Holiday Butter CookieÂ recipe can be usedÂ to make theÂ edible ThanksgivingÂ cookie mobile found on Nana Finds. The cookies can also be used as Thanksgiving party favors. Use different cookie cutters for holidays throughout the year.
Holiday Butter Cookies
What you need:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/34 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to do:
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg yolk in medium bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Leave A Comment