This handprint poem is new to Nana’s Corner for this year’s Mother’s Day. The following handprint poem and craft from grandchildren will be a treasured gift for many years to come. Any child create this Mother’s Day gift with little help and can choose bright, bold colors or soft, pastel colors for their handprint butterfly, truly making it their own creation.
As you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand
Which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of Love
Especially to say
I hope you have a very
Happy Mother’s Day!
Craft:Â Handprint Butterfly
- For each hand, trace child’s hand onto three different colored construction papers x 2 and cut out.
- Layer them, cutting away parts of the hand so that you have a multi-colored hand (wing).
- Place them in place of the butterfly wingsÂ using this butterlyÂ coloring pageÂ as a template.
- Cut out the butterfly’s body andÂ place on top.
- Cut a circle for the head. Add the antannae, eyes and a smile.
- Once you have everything in place, glue onto a
“spring” background page of scrapbook paper, such as one with flowers.
- Add the above poem – place in a purchased tray (see below), frame or have the child create a homemade frame.
- Give a as Mother’s Day gift to Mom or Grandmom!