Use this homemade Black Cat Fudge recipe to make the witch for the Full-Moon Pumpkin CheesecakeÂ in Nana’s CornerÂ Halloween recipes and other spooky Halloween creatures for your Halloween celebration!
Black Cat Fudge
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chapped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup shipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16Â (1 pound) confectioners’ sugar (about 4 1/2 cups), sifted
- White chocolate chips (about 30) – or white icing
What to do:
- 1 line 11×7-inch pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan; grease foil.
- Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat; stir in corn syrup, cream, vanilla and salt. Remove from heat and gradually stir in confecitoners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Using foil as handles, remove fudge form pan; peel off foil. Using diagram as guide, cut out cats. Frequently clean knife with warm water and dray thoroughly to prevent sticking. Place 2 white chocolate chips on each cat for eyes. Using knife score feet to make claws. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes about 1 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 cats – 2 1/2″ high by 2 1/2″ wide)