For an extra-special Valentine, holiday, shower, or birthday gift or favor, fill these easy-to-make edible chocolate gift boxes with all sorts of delicious chocolate treats. Wrap each treat filled chocolate gift box in clear or gold wrapping, add a name tag and give them to your guests at the end of a special occasion party or holiday dinner. You can use these as personalized edible chocolate place cards, too. Just write your guest’s initials on a chocolate mint wafer and add it to each mini chocolate gift box. The edible chocolate gift boxes will certainly add a festive element to any occasion.
What you need:
- 24 ounces milk or semisweet melting chocolate pieces, chopped
- pastry brush
- 4 (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 inch) mini foil loaf pans
What to do:
- Melt chocolate coating in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- Brush melted chocolate with with pastry brush in thin layer inside each foil pan, covering bottom and sides. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. (Keep pastry brush wrapped in plastic wrap while chocolate is chilling.)
- Brush another layer of chocolate over first; refrigerate. Repeat layers until chocolate is about 1/4 inch thick (you should use all the melted chocolate). Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour to ensure that chocolate is firm throughout.
- Snip rims of foil pans at 1/2 inch intervals with scissors. Carefully peel off foil pans. Fill boxes with treats.
Makes 4 boxes