Christmas Handprint Gifts are the Best!
Christmas handprint gifts can easily be made into Christmas decorations and special personalized keepsakes, such as family Christmas t-shirts. In addition to the Rudolph handprint decoration craft below, you can also create Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer t-shirts. The Christmas handprint gifts can be made with the two-handed Rudolph handprint design shown at the left using fabric paint and similar decorations. For just Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer’s face, a footprint and two handprints can be used.
For another Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Christmas handprint gifts post of mine, visit Christmas Handprint Craft: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Movie for a fun together craft and animated movie activity.
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Handprint with Footprint T-Shirt
The Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Handprint T-Shirt is an easy project every member of the family can do, from baby to Nana. All you have to do is buy t-shirts for each family member and have them make their own handprint (see above) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Christmas shirt using fabric paint and glue, sequins and a bell, squiggly eyes, a pompom, and something of your choice for the antlers. It’s fun to use your imagination and get creative together! The Christmas themed t-shirts can be worn for family holiday photo cards, to Christmas parties, on Christmas Eve, or even Christmas Day morning in place of expensive family Christmas pajamas.
- Brown craft foam or card stock
- Black marker
- Red glitter glue
- Gold sequins
- Googly eyes
- Red pom-pom
- Brown pipe cleaner
- Paper clip or clothespin
- To assemble Rudolph, first use a pencil to trace your child’s hand onto a piece of brown craft foam or card stock.
- Cut out the shape and add black marker hooves to the fingertips.
- Next, add a red glitter glue collar with gold sequins for bells, then glue on a googly eye, a red pom-pom nose, and a tail cut from the brown craft foam or card stock.
- For the reindeer’s antlers, cut a brown pipe cleaner in half. Bend each half in two (slightly off-center) and curl the ends. Glue together the pipe cleaner pieces, holding them in place with a paper clip or clothespin until the glue dries. Finally, glue the antlers in place on the reindeer.
- Punch a hole and add a red or green ribbon for hanging on the tree or on a window suction cup that has a small hook.
Christmas Handprint Gifts Resources
Add to your Christmas Handprint Gifts reindeer cookies. The recipe for yummy Chocolate Christmas Cookies Reindeer Recipe can be found on Nana’s Corner.
Google has many images for Christmas handprint gifts – a great resource for ideas on how to make your own!
Pinterest also has many Christmas handprint gifts and crafts ideas for you to choose from.