I love this April Fools’ Day fun food recipe – who would ever guess the secret ingredients until they tasted the yummy breakfast foods! A big thanks, again, to Disney FamilyFunÂ magazine for sharing one of their AprilÂ Fools’ DayÂ pranks with us!
On April Fools’ Day, trick your family with a safe April Fools’ Day fun foodÂ prank – a tiny breakfast that’s really a cleverly disguised dessert. When cooking with kids, this is a great recipe to make for pretend food for a Teddy Bear Day party or dolly tea party, too!
April Fools’ Day Fun Food Recipes
A Fakin’ and Eggs breakfastÂ uses white chocolate pieces, a caramel, yellow M&Ms, and a tootsie roll. For more fun April Fools’ Day fun foodÂ recipes, visit Allrecipes.com. You’ll find Kitty Litter Cake, Hamburger Cookies, Hot Dog Cookies, Dirt Cake, Ice Cream Baked Potatoes, Kitty Poop, and the must have from Disney’s Family Fun, edible eyeballs!
Fakinâ€™ and Eggs
For the eggs:
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 12 yellow M&MS
For the Fakin:
- 1 square caramel
- 1 Tootsie Roll Midgee
For the eggs:
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions. Transfer the melted chocolate to a ziplock bag and snip off a corner.
- Squeeze nickel-size portions of the chocolate onto a sheet of waxed paper, then gently press a yellow M&M, letter side down, into the center of each. Let the candies cool. Makes 12 eggs.
For the fakin’:
- Remove the wrapping from a square caramel and a Tootsie Roll Midgee. Microwave the candies for 4 seconds to make them soft. Use your thumb and forefinger to slightly flatten each candy piece, then press them together.
- Halve the candy, then stack and press the pieces into alternating layers.
- Slice a 1/4-inch-wide piece from the stack. Pinch and stretch the piece lengthwise into a flat bacon strip, then cut it in half. Add ripples to each half by gently bending the edges. Makes 3 strips (6 pieces).
For more April Foolsâ€™ Day tomfoolery, visit Disney Family magazine.
Leave A Comment