[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1" background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3" animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
The creative, simple teen DIY costume ideas the high school students parade throughout the day to celebrate Halloween always amazed me. Very few of the Halloween costumes were purchased. If time is short, you might find a last minute funny Halloween costume ideas in Halloween Costumes: Last Minute Funny Halloween Costumes.
Over time it hasn’t changed…teens continue to get a big kick out of it dressing up for Halloween in school. It certainly breaks up their repetitive routines. Perhaps it’s because it isn’t “cool” to go Trick or Treating when you’re a teen. I think, for the teens, it is having the freedom of dressing up in their own creative, DIY costume ideas to share with their peers – kind of an informal competition. And, teens really do enjoy the chance to be a little kid again.
Simple DIY Costume Ideas
Here are some of the simple DIY costume ideas I observed the teens in my high school were wearing last year. These might help you or your teen come up with simple DIY costume ideas for this Halloween.
Simple DIY Costume Ideas for Guys Dressed As…
- The Joker: his mom made him a coat and vest such as Joker’s, he wore a blue shirt and a patterned tie, baggy pants, and purple gloves. His face was decorated as that of The Joker’s with his hair worn combed back.
- a girl: wig, denim skirt, girl’s top and short jacket, heels, and makeup. He was actually very pretty!
- half alive and half dead: with his right side in a clean pressed suit and his left side in a dirty, torn suit with that same side of his face and hair ashen looking…as if he were a zombie on one side and alive on the other.
- an accident victim: t-shirt and torn jeans with fake blood splattered on his clothes, arms, face, and hair.
- a box upside down: wear box upside down with openings for eyes. It was difficult for him to sit and do his work so he had to take it off during class.
- our Dean of Discipline: he kept in character all day. It was fun for all.
- an action figure: with self-made headpiece and shield. In fact, there were many action figures negotiating the halls.
- a female private school student: short plaid pleated skirt, white shirt tied at waist, tie loosened at neck with a few buttons left undone and under padding, knee socks and flats.
- a robot: He wore sandwich style two foil cookie sheets decorated with stickers and blinking reflectors and a helmet made of foil with reflectors.
- Kiss (musician): White and black makeup, T-shirt, and jeans
Simple DIY Costume Ideas for Gals Dressed As…
- dead cheerleader: cheerleader outfit with torn stockings, fake blood, messed up hair, and white makeup.
- a box of munchkins: the bottom of a large munchkins box was cut out, the front flap had Styrofoam balls glued on with each decorated to look like a variety pack of munchkins. She even wore some on her head.
- a doctor and nurse with fake blood splattered on them: one carried a fake saw and the other carried a fake head.
- a pretty butterfly: with wings made of wire and stockings covered in colored glitter and glitter makeup on her cheeks. She wore a ballet leotard and tights with her wings.
- a waitress: carrying a fake head on a tray.
- a domino: made from cardboard painted solid black with white circles.
- a she devil: red dress, red shoes, and red horns with bright red lipstick and dark eye makeup.
- Hannah Montana: white knit pants, long white top, wide belt, gold jacket, boots (she had long blond hair).
- Sarah Palin: suit, glasses, hair pulled up carrying a McCain/Palin sign…walking around shaking everyone’s hand…and very into character.
- Tooth Fairy: wings made out of wire, fluffy trim, glitter, wearing a halo and white clothing…carrying a large tooth and large fake money.
Be creative and original. Find a way to make the costume unique, stand out from the others, and you’re sure to be a winner! And…don’t forget to take pictures for a special memory book…[/fu[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]