Kid’s Homemade Fingerprints Card and Poems
Homemade handprint cards are popular crafts that kids can make for the special people in their lives. As every parent or grandparent knows, kids have a knack for leaving their fingerprints on everything. Now they can use this incredible skill to crank out a whole mess of adorable homemade (or should I say handmade) cards. When your kid’s fingerprints dry on their special homemade card, add one of the two special fingerprints poems (see below). This adorable handmade fingerprint card can be made for mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, or any important person in your child’s or grandchild’s life. poem inside makes it one of the best gifts. The card, accompanied with one of the many easy homemade gifts for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, a birthday…or any day…personalizes that gift making it extra special and a cherished keepsake.
Some Bunny Loves You Fingerprints Card
- White acrylic paint
- Paper plate
- Colored card stock
- Black and pink markers
- Use the paintbrush to spread a thin layer of paint on the bottom of the paper plate — this will be your ink pad.
- Have your kids dip their thumbs into the paint and print them on the card. Their thumbprint will be the bunny’s head. For the ears, have them press down only half of their thumb to make a long, skinny shape.
- After the paint dries, they can decorate the face with markers, adding whiskers, eyes, and a nose.
- Use a black marker to write “Some bunny loves you!” or “Thumb bunny loves you!” on the front of the card.
- Even a really young child can make the thumbprints. A parent or an older child can offer to help out with the features and writing.
Fingerprints Poem #1
clean the fingerprints
I leave upon the wall.
I seem to make a mess of things
Because I am so small.
The years will pass so quickly
I’ll soon be grown like you
And all my little fingerprints
Will surely fade from view.
So here’s a special handprint
A memory that’s true.
So you’ll recall the very day
I made this just for you!
Short Fingerprints Poem #2
My dirty little fingerprints
I’ve left on every wall,
And on the drawers and table tops,
I’ve really marked them all.
But here is one that won’t rub off,
I’m giving it to you,
Because I’m thankful for a (mother/father/grandma/Nana, etc) just like you!
Homemade Fingerprints Card courtesy of Disney’s FamilyFun.go.com