Kids Cooking | Spring Basket Cupcake Recipe
Do your children or grandkids enjoy cooking and learning how to cook new recipes? A great way to get them interested in learning how to cook is to find fun and easy recipes that they will enjoy eating when finished. Why not start with a “spring basket” for Easter or a tea party or a Spring birthday party? Easter Basket Cupcakes from Betty Crocker are the cutest and easiest to make for a party. Both children and grandchildren will have fun baking and decorating these edible, yummy Easter Basket (or Spring Basket) cupcakes. For a Spring Basket cupcake theme, replace the jelly beans with other small candies – even include a gummy worm for some fun party excitement!
Easter (Spring) Basket Cupcake Recipe
Prep time 30 min
Total time 1 hr 30 min
What You Need
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Green-colored sour candy separated into strips
- Jelly beans or other desired candies
How To Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost with frosting.
- Use candy strips for handle on each.
- Decorate with candy as desired. Store loosely covered.
- Make your fun Easter Basket Cupcakes even cuter! Pick up fun foil or fancifully decorated muffin cup liners at cake decorating or party supply stores.
- To make basket handles the same size, use the handle from the first basket to measure the length for the rest.
- If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.
For nutritional information and more Easter and Spring recipes, visit Betty Crocker Recipes.by