Halloween weekend is here! Are you scrambling around looking for last minute ideas for homemade Halloween costumes? The students where I teach gave me some Halloween costume ideas to share with you. Hopefully you’ll find a last minute Halloween costume idea from this list of homemade Halloween costumes for your Halloween celebration!
Last Minute Halloween Costumes
- “Cereal” Killer – cut out fronts of cereal boxes, tape together for front and back, add plastic knives = cereal killer
- Homey the Clown – clown costume with Homey Don’t Play That written on the front of his shirt
- FBI Agent – Suit, sunglasses, ear bud in ear with hidden device in inside pocket, and FBI badge
- Snookie from Jersey Shore – tight black short skirt, lace top, wide belt, long dark hair style, large hoop earrings, heels
- Traffic Cones – paint large cardboard triangles, attach with orange tape at shoulders and reflective tape on sides, and orange cones on head kept on with elastic strap under chin (block people traffic so they have to “detour”
- Baby – footed pajamas and a pacifier in the mouth. wear baby bonnet or hair in a baby style
- Beatnick or French Artist – black leggings black shirt, black beret, black ballet slippers (carry a guitar or cardboard artist’s palette)
- Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s – black dress, heels, hat, gloves, purse
- Greek Goddess Medusa – white gown and plastic snakes from dollar store in your hair or wig
- Pretty Woman – dress up as a pretty woman, carry a hand mirror with you
- Disco Dancers or Go Go Dancers – sparkly mini dresses, high dress boots
- Daisy Duke – plaid shirt and short shorts, boots….
- Cow Girl – short denim skirt, plaid shirt, straw hat
- Lady GaGa – just about any outrageous outfit will suffice – how about aluminum foil?
- Mummy and Daddy – One wrapped in wide white gauze. Other partner in Sugar Daddy costume (upside down, brown cardboard, white dowel for stick) > mummy and her sugar daddy
- Sock Monkey – cover shirt and shorts with socks, wear knee high socks on legs and arms, monkey mask, and don’t forget the tail (stuff a song sock)
- iPhone – make from cardboard, paint a solid color – for touch screen cut out magazine photos, ads, etc. and paste across in rows – cover with clear plastic.
- Miners – dirty t-shirt and jeans, safety helmet with light, workboots, shovel
- Construction Worker – shirt, vest, jeans, tool belt, tools, work boots, safety helmet
- Quarter Back – Large quarter attached to back of shirt or sweatshirt – directions here
- Gypsy Costume: layer colorful gypsy styled skirts in different lengths, loose blouse, wide belt or long sash, lots of long beaded necklaces and large hoop earrings, boots, long scarf or bandanna tied around head, gluefortune telling cards to skirt, pillow case trick or treat bag.
Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas:
- With a little imagination, you can make easy last minute costume ideas with cardboard, duct tape, and paint.
- Any movie or TV character can be imitated. (Ex: Tom Cruise in Risky Business – white dress shirt, black slacks, and Ray Ban sunglasses).
- Use reflective tape or paint somewhere on your child’s costume or yours if you’ll be out in the dark.
- Carry flashlights and remember to turn them on – don’t forget extra batteries, too…you may be Trick or Treating for a long time!