|Pattern-blade (scrapbooking) scissors give a different twist to popular heart shapes, while pretty trims like heart candies and ribbon roses finish off these heart cards that say “Handmade with Love.”|
Note: Refer to the illustrations when following the directions for the Candy Heart and Button Heart Cards:
Candy Heart Card
- Paper: 8 1/2″ x 11″ (21.8 x 28 cm) pink, 4″ x 8 1/2″ (10 x 21.8 cm) each purple and turquoise
- 7 candy hearts
- 1/2 yd. (.5 m) pink rattail cord
- Assorted pattern-blade scissors
- Glues: white craft glue, glue stick
- Miscellaneous items: tracing paper, pencil, ruler, scissors
- General: Trace heart pattern to tracing paper with pencil. Cut all paper out with pattern-blade scissors. Use glue stick for gluing paper, and white craft glue for the trims and embellishments. Refer to heart card photo for decoration placement.
- Cutting: Fold 8 1/2″ x 11″ (21.8 x 28 cm) pink sheet in half to make an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (21.8 x 14 cm) card; trim edges. Cut 2 large hearts from purple paper and 5 medium hearts from turquoise paper.
- Gluing: Cut pink rattail cord in half, make into 2 bows, and glue onto outside fold of purple hearts. Glue purple hearts to card with fold up, gluing on heart point and curves. Glue turquoise hearts to card along the fold only. Glue candy hearts to card as desired.
Heart Card Illustrations:
Button Heart Card
- Paper: 8 1/2″ x 11″ (21.8 x 28 cm) tan, 4″ x 8 1/2″ (10 x 21.8 cm) brown and white, 4″ (10 cm) square each red and lilac
- 7 assorted buttons
- A few strands natural rafia
- Cutting: Fold 8 1/2″ x 11″ (21.8 x 18 cm) tan sheet in half to make an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (21.8 x 14 cm) card; trim all edges of tan and brown paper. Cut 1 large heart and 2 small hearts from white paper, 1 medium heart from red paper and 1 medium and 1 small heart from lilac paper.
- Gluing: Glue brown sheet at an angle on front of tan card. Glue red heart to center of large white heart and 1 small white heart to center of medium lilac heart. Trace the small heart pattern to the center of the lilac/white heart, and cut it out. Glue hearts onto heart card. Cut raffia in half, make into 2 bows and glue onto card. Glue buttons to card as desired.
Add a poem or special message inside your handmade heart card and give it to a special person.