Easter Cupcake Recipes
Easter cupcakes are an easy and very popular dessert that both children and adults enjoy after a filling dinner. But, the best part about cupcakes is that they are a lot of fun to decorate. For the younger grandchildren, have prepared dyed coconut, small jelly beans, and peeps to create a nest for each peep on top of iced cupcakes. So the older children can feel they are helping too, the following Easter cupcakes are easy enough to decorate while dinner is being prepared. To save time, bake the cupcakes a couple of days before.
Surprise Easter Cupcakes
Cook Time 30 min
Prep Time 15 min
Cal 196, Total Fat 8g, Chol 20mg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup margarine, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk
24 small chocolate eggs, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together the margarine, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
3. Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full, and place a chocolate egg in the center of each. Top with remaining batter until cups are 2/3 full.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.
Spring Flower Cupcakes
Prep Time 20 min
Ready in 4 hrs 12 min
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
Few drops food coloring, any color
24 JET-PUFFED marshmallows
24 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
1/4 cup colored sugar or colored sprinkles
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely. Pierce cupcakes with wooden skewer or large fork at 1/4-inch intervals. Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Spoon 2 tsp. of the gelatin over each cupcake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
2. Tint whipped topping with food coloring; spread about 2 Tbsp. of the whipped topping onto each cupcake.
3. Cut each large marshmallow crosswise into five pieces with clean kitchen scissors to resemble flower petals. Arrange five of the petals in flower shape on top of each cupcake; place a miniature marshmallow in center of each group of petals. Sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp. colored sugar. Store in refrigerator.
For more cute Easter cupcakes, visit foodnetwork.com.