Christmas Handprint Gifts are the Best!
Christmas handprint gifts can easily be made into Christmas decorations and special personalized keepsakes, such as family Christmas t-shirts. In addition to the Rudolph handprint decoration below, you can also create Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer t-shirts. The Christmas handprint gifts can be made with the two-handed Rudolph handprint design shown at the left using fabric paint and similar decorations. For just Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer’s face, a footprint and two handprints can be used.
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Handprint with Footprint T-Shirt
The Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Handprint T-Shirt is an easy project every member of the family can do, from baby to Nana. All you have to do is buy t-shirts for each family member and have them make their own handprint (see above) Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Christmas shirt using fabric paint and glue, sequins and a bell, squiggly eyes, a pompom, and something of your choice for the antlers. It’s fun to use your imagination and get creative together! The Christmas themed t-shirts can be worn for family holiday photo cards, to Christmas parties, on Christmas Eve, or even Christmas Day morning in place of expensive family Christmas pajamas.
- Brown craft foam or card stock
- Black marker
- Red glitter glue
- Gold sequins
- Googly eyes
- Red pom-pom
- Brown pipe cleaner
- Paper clip or clothespin
- To assemble Rudolph, first use a pencil to trace your child’s hand onto a piece of brown craft foam or card stock.
- Cut out the shape and add black marker hooves to the fingertips.
- Next, add a red glitter glue collar with gold sequins for bells, then glue on a googly eye, a red pom-pom nose, and a tail cut from the brown craft foam or card stock.
- For the reindeer’s antlers, cut a brown pipe cleaner in half. Bend each half in two (slightly off-center) and curl the ends. Glue together the pipe cleaner pieces, holding them in place with a paper clip or clothespin until the glue dries. Finally, glue the antlers in place on the reindeer.
- Punch a hole and add a red or green ribbon for hanging on the tree or on a window suction cup that has a small hook.
Google has many images for handprint Christmas gifts – a great way to get some ideas on how to make your own!