July, 2013, was a month to celebrate births on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean with a Baby Shower Songs Playlist with Baby in the Title.
Prince William and his beautiful bride, Kate, along with all of England celebrated the birth of their newest heir to the throne. And in New Jersey, many families celebrated births that month, too! How many of a baby shower songs playlist do you think were created the Spring of 2013?
According to a spokesperson at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch (just a few miles from where I’m writing this post), the neonatal unit has seen a 35-percent jump this month compared to last year – most likely as an outcome of Hurricane Sandy. (At lease something good came out of that disaster!) Other local shore area hospitals report 20- to 25-percent increase in births. I know it’s very possible that is the reason. We were without power for two weeks, and some even longer!
And…I’m very happy to announce that early in the morning (when this was published) at 2 am and 4 am, my sister-in-law in Florida became the proud great-grandmother of two baby girls. No, not twins but cousins. Their daddies are her grandsons and brothers to each other!
I’ve recently read statements here and there that there’s also a Hollywood baby boom – surprise, surprise – but it seems to me, that’s just an ongoing occurrence…
So, in honor of all the babies everywhere, present and future, I’m sharing with you a baby shower songs playlist of 30 baby-titled songs from Rdio entitled, “Oh, Baby!”
Baby Shower Songs Playlist from Rdio
Whether you are looking for a baby shower songs playlist, expecting your own bundle of joy, or simply wanting to enjoy songs with baby in the title, this original baby-titled playlist includes songs from She & Him, Britney Spears, Prince and Luke Bryan that all show a little baby love. As baby fever continues, rock out to Rdio’s “Oh, Baby!” playlist celebrating all things baby – minus the contractions!
Attending a baby shower? Bring this “Oh, Baby!” baby shower songs playlist along for some fun and entertainment. Ask your guests to rewrite some lyrics for the new mother-to-be, play trivia games using these songs, or just play the songs in the background while the mommy-to-be opens her gifts.
Here’s a thought…guests could do some baby-themed karaoke. But then again, it may bring on those contractions from all the laughter, or pain… Don’t forget to include pink or blue earplugs!
Oh, Baby! Rdio Baby Shower Songs Playlist:
- Baby Love – Diana Ross & The Supremes
- Always Be My Baby – Mariah Carey
- Baby – Justin Bieber
- My Baby You – Marc Anthony
- Baby – She & Him
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
- …Baby One More Time – Britney Spears
- Baby I’m a Star – Prince
- Give It To Me Baby – Rick James
- Baby – Brandy
- Hey Baby – No Doubt
- You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby – The Smiths
- Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby… – R. Kelly
- Somebody’s Baby – Jackson Browne
- Baby Can I Hold You – Tracy Chapman
- Baby, I Love Your Way (Live Version) – Peter Frampton
- Be My Baby – The Ronettes
- Baby I’m-A Want You – Bread
- Baby Come Home – Scissor Sisters
- Back In Baby’s Arms – Patsy Cline
- Baby’s Coming Back – Jellyfish
- Baby, What A Big Surprise – Chicago
- Baby Don’t Go – Sonny & Cher
- My Baby Loves Me – Martina McBride
- Bye Bye Baby – Madonna
- Baby, Oh No – Bow Wow Wow
- Big Bang Baby – Stone Temple Pilots
- Like A Baby – Wham!
- Baby’s On The Way – Luke Bryan
- Baby Come to Me – Regina Belle
Visit Nana’s Corner Baby Shower category for poems, gift and shower ideas.