Between the Internet and TV commercial ads, children are exposed to far too many adds. When a child’s answer to “What do you want for Christmas?” is “I want it all,” it is definitely time to turn off the TV! Of course, Kaitlin knows she isn’t going to get “all,” she’s just mimicking a commercial she has seen far to many times (in my opinion.) If you look at the other two parts of her wish list (see below), you’ll see this 7 year old’s original list was way too long. Kaitlin’s smart mommy told her to pick the top 10 she would like Santa to bring. That list can be found at the end of this post.
|But everything looks so great on the commercials…so easy to use. Not always, though. There have been Christmas mornings when at least one of our three children had been very disappointed because that wonderful toy seen on TV just didn’t do what it promised. I’ve found if Poppy and I give toys that allow for the most pretending, then there is a greater chance our granddaugthers will have little disappointment. The degree of fun is left up to the child.|
7 Year Old Kaitlin’s wish List for Santa:
- Hannah Montana Wig with Bangs and DJ Headset Child (One Size Fits Most)
- Hannah Montana Holiday Singing Doll
- My Little Pony Ponyville Deluxe Playset
- Barbie Kelly Pet Party Doll Set with Kayla, Kenzi, Kelly, & Miranda
- Polly Pocket Ultimate Party Boat Playset
- Bratz Girlz Really Rock! Cloe
- Littlest Pet Shop Digital Pen – Dog
- Disney High School Musical 3 Junior Novel (Junior Novelization)
- i-Dog Soft Speaker Blue
- Hannah Montana 20-Inch Girls Bicycle
Do you have any suggestions for a 7 year old boy’s Christmas wish list?