Searching for frightfully easy Halloween crafts for kids to make in time for Halloween? I have just the 6 easy Halloween crafts your kids can create, mostly on their own.
6 Easy Halloween Crafts for Kids [Decorations]
Tomorrow will be an indoor day, but never fear – there are lots of easy Halloween crafts for kids to have fun creating for indoor and outdoor decorations. The following 5 DIY Halloween crafts for kids from BHG.com (plus 1 I added) might need some help from a grandparent or parent, but for the most part the kids will be able to have fun on their own. But why let them have all the fun! Join in and enjoy the time – make a memory!
When you are done with the easy Halloween crafts, create some creepy (healthy) Halloween treats and play some fun online Halloween games.
- simply cut the provided patterns out of orange paper
- wrap yellow paper around glass cylinders
- place your trimmed orange paper on top of the yellow paper
- add a battery-operated candle or mini flashlight inside.
- get the pattern.
This easy-to-make pumpkin decoration requires no carving at all —
- simply paint 10 pumpkins and the stems (we used light green and black paint, but you can choose whatever colors you like)
- arrange to form a caterpillar
- cover with adhesive-felt dots
- finish the creepy creature with a pair of large googly eyes
Turn trees into mysterious lawn creatures–
- cut circles out of fluorescent-green crafts foam
- draw pupils with a black marker
- adhere them in pairs to a tree using double-stick tape
This skeleton makes no bones about chillin’ on your fridge —
- download our free pattern and print onto white paper
- cut out the pieces and glue them onto thick black cardstock;
- cut out, leaving a small border of black cardstock around the pieces
- add self-adhesive magnet strips to the back of each piece and arrange on the refrigerator.
- download the free skeleton pattern.
Black paper silhouettes in a window look cool — and they’re easy to make.
- download our free patterns
- enlarge them to desired sizes
- cut out the patterns and trace onto heavy black paper
- then cut out the black silhouettes
- tape inside your windows for a haunting effect
- Download our free witch window pattern.
- Download our free window ghosts and cat window pattern.
And, on your own, the Minions Pumpkins (as seen in the featured image above) with a little paint and squiggly eyes.
The kids are off from school for two days before Halloween this year. I hope you will be enjoying good weather with your grandkids, but we might even have snow here in New Jersey! Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!