4 Grandfather’s Day Handprint Gifts
The following handprint gifts can be easily made by grandchildren as gifts for Grandfather, Grandad, Grandpa, Poppy or any special person to give on Father’s Day. Add one of the 10 Handprint Poems or other special poems for grandfathers found in Nana’s Corner Poem Directory to complete the gift.
Grandchild’s Salt Dough Hand Print Gift
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- wax paper
- large bowl
- rolling pin
- Mix 1/2 cup salt, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- When mixed, add 1 cup white flour and knead well.
- Form dough into a softball-sized shape and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Press your child’s hand into the clay (with fingers spread).
- Bake at 250 degrees F. for several hours.
- After it’s cooled, your grandchild can paint her handprint using acrylic paint.
- Label the handprint with your grandchild’s name, age, year the handprint was created, etc.
You can also etch into the clay before baking something like “Hands down best Granddad”, “Handy Granddad”, etc.
Grandfather’s Day Placemat
What You Need:
- Acrylic paint in several colors
- Disposable plates
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Heavy cardboard or otag
- Permanent marker
- Have the grandchildren place their hands in acrylic paint (on disposable plate).
- Stamp their handprints on a heavy piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardboard.
- Place their photos, names, and ages next to their hands.
- Add a Grandfather’s Day or Handprint Poem.
- Llaminate the finished product using two sheets of clear contact paper.
- Trim the edges.
Use the placemat to serve Granddad a special Father’s Day meal prepared by his grandchildren.
Grandpa’s Handprint Apron
What You Need:
- Plain cloth man’s apron
- Several colors of fabric paint
- Fabric paint pens for writing
- Large paper plates
- Father’s Day poem
- Purchase a plain cloth apron for Grandpa.
- Pour each color of fabric paint onto separate paper plates.
- Place the grandchildren’s hands in the paint.
- Stamp the painted hands on the apron front.
- Using fabric paint pens, write their names and ages by their handprints.
- Add a poem and the date in the middle of the apron.
Combine the apron with a grilling cookbook and have a great Grandfather’s Day cookout.
Poppy’s Handprint Magnet
What you Need:
- Poster Board
- Sticky backed
- Poster paint and a paint brush
- Black permanent marker
- Contact paper
- Paint your the grandchild’s hand with poster paint and make a handprint on the poster board. Do the same thing with your the left hand. Let the prints dry.
- Cut around the outside of both handprints.
- Write the grandchild’s name name on one hand and the date on the other hand.
- Place the handprints between two sheets of contact paper; trim around the edges.
- Put a piece of sticky-backed magnet on the back of each hand.
- Give these handprints to grandpa for Father’s Day or any other special day for him to hang on his refrigerator to hold up his grandchild’s school and art work.
Don’t forget to include original grandchild artwork to go with the magnet
Here’s a great handprint gift idea! Don’t forget to change it to read “Grandpa”, “Poppy”, or “PopPop”…